Sunday, May 23, 2010

Christians United for Israel Sunday

I want to talk about miracles. I read a story a long time ago that I want to give credit for to Rabbi Harold Kushner in his book, To Life. My problem is that I do not have the book with me and so cannot find the specific quote. I hope that my attribution is correct but if it is not I hope that the correct author will accept my apology. Plus, I am butchering the story. At least maybe you will understand the message.

When the Jews were crossing the Red Sea, Sholmo and Haim were pushing a cart. God had split the sea and the walls of water were on both sides of them. All that they could do was complain about pushing this cart through the mud and how much mud was getting on their sandals and clothing.

Rather than see and accept the miracle that was happening all around them, they could not break out of their self-centeredness. Having just been freed from slavery, they could only see trauma not miracles. Has the effect of centuries of inhuman treatment and the Holocaust at the hands of Christians in Europe blinded us from miracles?

Today, Christians United for Israel is having a day of prayer and support for the State of Israel. Thousands of churches and hundreds of thousands or maybe millions of Christians are standing up to be counted for their support of the Jewish state. Isn’t this a miracle? For how many centuries would our people cried for such support? Today, we would rather think that these people are anti-Semitic or have some other agenda. I say that we need to wake up and say thank you for their help.

I close with a couple of attachments. Please click on them and watch the video and read the article.

The first is a video by Pastor John Hegee of CUFI. The video is entitled, Christians United for Israel Sunday 2010 - A message from Pastor John Hagee

The second is an article written by Dennis Prager on the Conservative Website, Townhall.com. The article is entitled, Obama, Israel and the Genesis Prediction.

Like this blog and most things I put up, I do not expect everyone to agree with my views. I hope, no really I pray that you find my Random Thoughts at least provocative enough to think about them. I would appreciate any comments.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the video link to Pastor Hagee's message and Prager's article. I wish I could go to DC with CUFI this July.

    ReplyDelete